Pages

Sunday, August 14, 2011

Viva bella Italia! Spaghetti con scampi

Spaghetti with shrimps 1/2

Yeah definitely, we love Italy! The cuisine, the landscape, the way of life, the climate etc. Here I don't want to talk a bad things about Italy.:-). We are lucky that we live on the border to Italy (about 350 Km from Salzburg to the border, Venice region). 

Venice, found old picture ( I think it was 2002) taken still with an analog camera
beautiful Venice view taken from the church tower

Venice was the first famous italian city I've visited. We didn't stay there, but in Jesolo and made an one-day-tour by ship to Venice. It was 2002. Since then, I fell in love with Italy. My husband has been an italian fan for years.  I had a chance to visit Caorle, Grado and Lago di Garda.
nice memory in Venice (year 2002)
my husband and I, a nice memory in Venice

My last trip to Italy was on October 2010. I visited a friend who lives in Cagliari (the capital city of Sardinia). It was unforgetable trip. I love Italy more and more. I hope I have a chance to visit many regions: Rome, Milan and Toskana are still on my waiting lists.

 

sunset  in Quarto st. Elena, Sardinia
beautiful sunset in Cagliari

Now, we come to the best part of italy and it's its cuisine. My husband and I love the lightness on italian cuisine and of course it brings us back to the memories we had during our trips in Italy. I bet you know a lot of italian foods and here I just want  to share one of our favorites recipes.

Spaghetti con scampi (Spaghetti with shrimps)

Ingredients (make 2 portions):

200 g spaghetti
150 g shrimps (peel, let the tail part, devein and wash)
150 g cocktail tomatoes (cut into halves)
4 cloves of garlic (peel and press)
3 stalks of parsley (cut finely the leaves)
3 stalks of basil (cut finely the leaves)
3 tbsp olive oil
black pepper and salt


making of spaghetti with shrimps
making of spaghetti con scampi


Method:

1. Cook spaghetti al dente. Drain. Set aside.
2. Preheat the olive oil on the wok/deep fry pan. Stir the pressed garlic until fragrant. Add the deveined washed shrimps. Stir well until they turn its color. Add the tomatoes, cook about 1-2 minutes (until the tomatoes little bit wilt).
3. Add the cooked spaghetti. Taste it with freshly ground black pepper and salt. Stir well.
4. Turn off the stove. Put the parsley and basil. Stir all well. Serve it immediately.

Spaghetti with shrimps 2/2

If you like spicy, you can add chopped chili. Since my husband doesn't eat spicy lately, I always put some drops of chili oil to my spaghetti.

Buon Appetito & Ciao!!

1 comment: